Sacramento Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer
Obtaining the Triumph You DeserveSCHEDULE A FREE CONSULTATION
Representing Injured Victims for Over 20 Years
Slip and fall accidents are some of the most common premises liability cases. If negligence played a part in your slip and fall accident, which resulted in injuries, you might be eligible for compensation to cover your medical expenses, missed wages, and pain and suffering. At Triumph Law, P.C., our skilled and experienced personal injury attorney will take the time to listen to your story, understand the circumstances and facts, and prepare a solid case on your behalf to ensure you are able to recover damages.
For the representation you deserve, contact our office today at (916) 500-0000 to schedule a free consultation!
Liability in Slip & Fall Accidents
If you slipped and fell on someone else’s property due to a dangerous condition, you might be able to hold the property owner or individual responsible for maintaining it liable for your injuries. However, it is important to keep in mind that simply sustaining injuries on someone else’s property in a slip and fall accident does not automatically mean you will be able to obtain compensation or that the property owner will be held responsible for the incident. Your personal injury attorney must first prove that the property owner or manager acted negligently and that this negligent behavior ultimately led to the accident that resulted in your injuries.
The requirements that must be met to prove a claim of negligence include:
- Proof that the defendant owned, leased, occupied, or controlled the property
- Proof that the defendant was negligent in the maintenance of the property
- Proof that the plaintiff was injured
- Proof that the defendant’s negligent behavior was a substantial contributing factor in causing the plaintiff’s injuries
Property owners must exercise reasonable care to discover if there are any unsafe conditions on their property and, if dangerous conditions exist, they must also use reasonable care to replace, repair, or provide adequate warning of anything that poses a potential hazard to others.
Types of Slip & Fall Accidents
Slip and fall accidents can essentially occur anywhere. However, there are three common places where these types of accidents happen most frequently. This includes:
- Commercial property: If you slipped and fell on commercial property, the property owner, business owner, or even an employee of the business could be held liable for the accident. If they created a dangerous condition that led to the accident, knew about the dangerous condition and did nothing to rectify it, or if they should have reasonably known about the dangerous condition but were unaware, you could hold him or her liable for your injuries.
- Residential property: Tenants or visitors of a property can sometimes hold a property owner or landlord liable for injuries sustained in a slip and fall accident. As is the case with commercial property, the landlord or property owner would have had to either create the dangerous situation that led to the fall, known about the condition and failed to fix it, or did not know about the dangerous condition despite the fact that responsible person would have been aware of it.
- Government property: For slip and fall accidents that occur on government property, things can become a bit more complex, requiring a knowledge of statutory laws, rules on how to file a claim, and more. This is why it is crucial to have an experienced personal injury attorney on your side.
Common Slip & Fall Injuries
Slip and fall accidents might not sound like a big deal, but these types of accidents do not always result in scrapes, bruises, and cuts. In fact, these injuries can be potentially severe, especially depending on where they happen and just how dangerous the hazard is.
Some of the most common places where slip and fall accidents occur include:
- Homes and businesses
- Mechanical transporters, such as elevators or escalators
- Walkways and sidewalks
- On concrete, carpet, tile, or linoleum
- During poor weather conditions that might result in slippery or icy surfaces
These accidents commonly result in some of the following injuries:
- Sprains and strains
- Broken bones
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Other soft tissue injuries
- Bulging discs
- Damaged nerves
Learn more about how we can assist you and call our law firm today at (916) 500-0000 to schedule a free initial case evaluation.
Thank You For Being My Advocate
“Thank you for taking my case, being there for me, and seeing the case from beginning to end, in other words, you provided me closure. That is priceless.”Jimmy L.
Outstanding Attorney with Exceptional Attention to Detail!
“Robert Carichoff represented me in a tough case. His professionalism and confidence always put me at ease during stressful times. heir professionalism, follow-up, and attention to detail is the model of how attorneys should treat their clients!”Jim
Service with integrity.
“The staff was incredibly friendly and professional. Davina Maldonado was a freaking rockstar!!! The careful attention the firm put into my case was exceptional. I can’t say enough about how painless they all made the process.”Brandon
Let’s Start Your Car Accident Claim TodayTriumph Law, P.C., A Law Firm Dedicated To Your Triumph
Our Roseville car accident attorneys are ready to help you understand your rights after being hit by a negligent driver. There could be ample compensation waiting for you. It is just a matter of filing an effective claim for it, which is where we can step in and take over.
When You Need a Triumph,
Work With Triumph Law, P.C.
Receive the Triumph You Need & Deserve Today