Burn injuries are among the most painful and debilitating injuries a person can experience. In addition to excruciating pain, burn victims can experience severe physical and emotional trauma, significant medical expenses, and long-term consequences that impact their quality of life.
If you or a loved one sustained a burn due to someone’s negligence, a Sacramento personal injury lawyer from Triumph Law could help you pursue compensation for medical costs and other damages. Our personal injury law firm has been in business for over 20 years, recovering millions of dollars in compensation for our valued clients.
Burn Accidents Leading to Personal Injury Cases
When a burn accident occurs due to the negligence or wrongful actions of others, it may give rise to a personal injury case.
Burns leading to personal injury claims can occur in a variety of situations, including:
- Workplace accidents: Burns can happen in hazardous work environments, such as construction sites, factories, or industrial settings. These mishaps may result from negligent employers, insufficient safety precautions, or defective products. They may involve explosions, fires, chemical spills, or malfunctioning equipment.
- Motor vehicle collisions: A car, truck, or motorcycle accident can lead to fires or explosions, causing severe burns. Reckless driving, defective auto parts, or hazardous road conditions may be to blame for these incidents.
- Premises liability: Burn injuries can result from fires, explosions, or exposure to hazardous substances on someone else’s property. Whether it’s a residential property, commercial establishment, or public space, property owners have a responsibility to maintain a safe environment for visitors, and they can be held accountable for burns caused by their negligence.
- Defective products: Contact burns can occur when using defective items, such as malfunctioning electronic devices or household appliances. In such cases, the manufacturer, distributor, or retailer may be liable for the injuries caused by their product.
Your Triumph Is Our Triumph(916) 500-0000
Types of Burn Injuries
We understand the devastating impact of severe burns on individuals and their families. Our dedicated team of Sacramento burn injury lawyers is here to provide compassionate and skilled legal representation to those who have sustained a burn due to the negligence or wrongful actions of others.
We help individuals who have faced all kinds of burns, including the following:
- Thermal burns
- Chemical burns
- Radiation burns
- Light burns
Burns are one of the most traumatic injuries a human being can sustain and are expensive to treat. There are three categories of burns based on severity.
The three types of burns include:
- First-degree burns
- Second-degree burns
- Third-degree burns
First-degree burns may be superficial, but they can still become infected and require medical treatment. Second-degree burns involve damage that goes beyond the top layer of skin, often resulting in blisters, and can take weeks to heal.
Third-degree burns are the worst kind and can cause severe disfigurement, extensive nerve damage, hypothermia, and even death.
Contact Us for A Free (916) 500-0000
& Confidential Consultation
Compensatory Damages for Burn Victims
If you have been burned due to someone else’s negligence, you have the right to pursue compensation to help pay for the losses you incur. The compensation you may be entitled to recover falls into two categories: economic and non-economic losses.
Economic losses may include:
- Medical bills
- Skin grafting procedures
- Lost wages
- Burn unit treatment
- Diminished earning capacity
- Property damage
Non-economic losses are more difficult to quantify but can include losses for scarring, disfigurement, loss of enjoyment, pain and suffering, and physical impairment.
Let us provide you with the guidance and support you need during this challenging time. Our compassionate burn injury lawyers are committed to helping you obtain the justice and financial compensation you deserve.
Receive the Triumph You (916) 500-0000
Need & Deserve Today
California’s Time Limit for Filing Personal Injury Claims
California has a time limit, known as the statute of limitations, for filing personal injury claims. It is essential to understand and adhere to this time limit to protect your rights when pursuing compensation for your injuries.
Generally, the statute of limitations for personal injury cases in California is two years from the date of the injury or accident, per California Code of Civil Procedure § 335.1.
Barring unique circumstances, failing to file a legal claim within the allowable time frame can result in your case being dismissed. Consulting with an experienced personal injury attorney as soon as possible will help ensure you meet all applicable deadlines in your case.
Time is of the essence for other reasons, including evidence preservation, so don’t wait!
Contact a Burn Injury Lawyer in Sacramento, CA
If you or a loved one has suffered a burn due to someone else’s negligence, a burn injury attorney in Sacramento could help you obtain compensation. At Triumph Law, we have the knowledge, experience, and resources to investigate your case, gather evidence, and build a strong claim on your behalf.
We will fight tirelessly to hold the responsible parties accountable and seek maximum compensation for your medical bills, rehabilitation costs, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages.
Contact Triumph Law today for a free consultation.