Injured in an Auto Accident? Call Triumph Law, P.C. for Compensation
If you were hurt in a car crash caused by an inattentive or reckless driver, you might need costly medical care to treat your accident injuries. Even when you recuperate, you’ll still be left with vehicle repair bills, lost wages, and a handful of other financial setbacks.
One of the most important things you can do after a collision is to seek legal counsel. At Triumph Law, we know what it takes to secure maximum financial compensation. A Sacramento personal injury lawyer from our firm can guide you through the legal process and ensure you walk out of the courtroom or away from the negotiation table with the best result possible.
What Kinds of Damages Can I Recover after a California Car Accident?
When it comes to car accident claims, there are generally two categories of recoverable damages, economic and non-economic. Economic damages, which include medical costs and lost income, can be calculated using medical bills and other invoices, making them much easier to recover.
Non-economic damages, like pain and suffering, make up for losses that are intangible and difficult to attach a price tag to. It’s not easy to calculate the value of someone’s pain or mental anguish, which is why non-economic damages are so hard to obtain.
Fortunately, a Sacramento car accident attorney can draw on their legal experience to get you the following economic and non-economic damages:
- Car rental expenses
- Vehicle repair costs
- Loss of wages
- Decreased earning ability
- Medical expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Reduced quality of life
To win fair compensation, you’ll need a skilled trial attorney who can utilize evidence and expert testimony to support your case. Attorney Robert Carichoff has recovered millions of dollars for clients throughout his 20+ years of experience. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation and find out if our team of legal professionals can help you recover damages.
Statute of Limitations for Auto Accident Claims in California
Ideally, a car accident lawyer in Sacramento will negotiate a settlement with the at-fault driver’s insurance company. However, some cases may require further action. For instance, if the insurer rejects your claim or offers too little, you may have to pursue a civil suit. If that happens, you and your attorney will have a strict time limit.
According to California Code of Civil Procedure § 335.1, there’s a two-year statute of limitations for personal injury lawsuits and a three-year deadline for property damage suits. Hiring a Sacramento personal injury lawyer from our firm as soon as you can to give us time to gather evidence, prepare your case, and submit your suit before it’s too late.
Your Triumph Is Our Triumph(916) 500-0000
What Kind of Settlement Should You Expect After a Car Accident?
Understanding each factor that goes into a settlement estimate can be difficult. To learn more about the compensation you’re owed, you’ll need to consult with an experienced car accident attorney from Sacramento. They’ll explain how the following factors impact the value of your claim:
The Severity of Your Injuries:
- Cost of current and future medical bills
- Loss of income now and in the future
- Pain and suffering you’ve sustained
We won’t be able to give you a precise settlement estimate until we’ve learned more about your accident and the injuries you’ve suffered. However, we can show you some of the insurance settlements and court verdicts we’ve obtained for previous clients. Visit our Triumphs page to read about our impressive past victories.
Contact Us for A Free
& Confidential Consultation
Am I Responsible for My Medical Bills After a Car Accident?
If you’ve been in a serious car crash, you first need to seek medical treatment for any injuries you may have sustained in the accident. Doing so will ensure that you receive the treatment you need and that you have the medical documentation you need to prove that your injuries are legitimate.
While receiving quality medical attention is crucial to your health, it can also be incredibly costly. To ensure you have the best chance of receiving compensation from a claim or lawsuit, you should document the medical care you receive and save all of your bills and records.
Some Things to Keep Track of Include:
- Transportation to and from the hospital
- Ambulance rides
- Physical therapy
- Hospital stays
- Over-the-counter medication
- Prescription medication
- Visits to the emergency room
Our Team Can Help Coordinate Your Medical Care
The personal injury attorneys at our firm understand how difficult it can be to schedule appointments and communicate with your health insurance company after a collision.
To make your recovery as stress-free as possible, a car accident attorney from our team in Sacramento can coordinate your appointments and work with your insurer to identify all available forms of coverage.
If your health insurance policy doesn’t cover an important operation or medication, we can connect you with the resources you need to afford it. We’ll get you in contact with third-party lenders who can provide you with the funding you need. Once we’ve secured your compensation, you’ll be able to pay them back.
Receive the Triumph You
Need & Deserve Today
Can I Recover Compensation If I Share Fault for the Accident?
Under California’s comparative fault laws, you can still recover damages even if you are partially to blame for the auto collision. Sometimes called comparative negligence, the state’s fault system reduces the amount of compensation you can recover by your percentage of fault.
Your percentage of fault represents the amount that you contributed to the crash. If your contribution was minimal, your percentage of fault might be set at 20%, allowing you to recover most of the compensation available. If your percentage is higher, the damages you can obtain will be more limited.
If you were involved in a car crash and you believe you share some of the blame, or the other driver isn’t admitting responsibility, we encourage you to contact a Sacramento car accident attorney from our firm. We’ll advise you on your best course of action and ensure fault is assigned accurately.
Important Steps to Take After a Car Crash
Collisions happen in the blink of an eye, leaving those involved feeling overwhelmed, shocked, and concerned about what they should do next. To avoid greater frustrations later on, keep a clear head and take the following measures after a motor vehicle accident:
- Call the police: Even if no one appears to be severely injured, it’s important to call 911. Having a police report for your claim is vital, so never forego this step; doing so could jeopardize your ability to recover compensation.
- Do what you can to preserve the scene of the accident: If it is not possible to safely move your vehicle or injured passenger from the scene, set up some flares or keep your hazard lights on to preserve evidence. Protecting the scene of the collision is crucial and will better allow law enforcement officers to document the details of the collision.
- Be as accurate as possible in describing what happened: Providing an accurate description to the police can be difficult, especially if you are still in shock, so do the best you can and avoid speculating. Remember, the insurance companies will get a copy of this report, and the last thing you want is for inconsistent statements to affect your case. To prevent insurers from using your statement against you, briefly state the facts and don’t admit fault.
- Take as many pictures as you can: The pictures you take after an accident will provide the kind of solid evidence that words cannot. Fortunately, most of us have phones equipped with cameras, so this should be easy to do. Take pictures of vehicle damage, visible injuries, damage to the area where the accident occurred, and the overall scene.
- Exchange information: Remember to exchange insurance details, contact information, and plate numbers with everyone involved in the collision. The police officer responding to your call should also collect this information, but never assume you can rely on others to obtain the necessary information. If there were any witnesses at the scene, collect their contact information as well.
- Seek immediate medical attention: Minor and severe injuries from a collision can have delayed symptoms. Some conditions may be masked by the adrenaline rush and shock you’re experiencing from the crash. You should still see a doctor if you don’t feel pain right away. A physician can identify underlying injuries and provide the treatment you need to protect your health.
- Hire an auto accident attorney: As mentioned earlier, there are strict deadlines for personal injury and property damage lawsuits. Contact a car accident lawyer from Sacramento ASAP to ensure your suit is filed promptly and correctly.
California Car Accident Statistics
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration recently published its car crash stats for the state of California, which showed the following data:
- California had over 3,600 traffic fatalities in 2019
- 949 of these fatalities were in some way related to alcohol-impaired driving
- Over 1,000 fatalities were linked to speed-related accidents
- 96% of those involved in fatal accidents were wearing their seatbelts at the time of the crash
Traffic accident fatalities are a serious issue in Sacramento and throughout the state of California. If someone close to you has died in a collision, hiring a compassionate Sacramento wrongful death attorney from our firm can give you the support you need to cover related expenses and cope with your loss.
Thank You For Being My Advocate
“Thank you for taking my case, being there for me, and seeing the case from beginning to end, in other words, you provided me closure. That is priceless.”
Outstanding Attorney with Exceptional Attention to Detail!
“Robert Carichoff represented me in a tough case. His professionalism and confidence always put me at ease during stressful times. Their professionalism, follow-up, and attention to detail is the model of how attorneys should treat their clients!”
Service with Integrity
“The staff was incredibly friendly and professional. Davina Maldonado was a freaking rockstar!!! The careful attention the firm put into my case was exceptional. I can’t say enough about how painless they all made the process.”
Let’s Start Your Car Accident Claim Today
If a negligent driver has hit you, a Sacramento car accident attorney from Triumph Law can help you understand your rights and advocate on your behalf. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation and find out if you’re eligible to pursue compensation for your bills, losses, and suffering.
If we agree to help you with your case, our team will give your claim or lawsuit the attention it needs to be successful. We’ll use our resources and legal expertise to investigate your collision, find the evidence we need to prove fault, and negotiate a high-value settlement with the other driver’s insurer.
When You Need a Triumph,
You Need Triumph Law, P.C.
Thank You For Being My Advocate
“Thank you for taking my case, being there for me, and seeing the case from beginning to end, in other words, you provided me closure. That is priceless.”Jimmy L.
Outstanding Attorney with Exceptional Attention to Detail!
“Robert Carichoff represented me in a tough case. His professionalism and confidence always put me at ease during stressful times. heir professionalism, follow-up, and attention to detail is the model of how attorneys should treat their clients!”Jim
Service with integrity.
“The staff was incredibly friendly and professional. Davina Maldonado was a freaking rockstar!!! The careful attention the firm put into my case was exceptional. I can’t say enough about how painless they all made the process.”Brandon
Let’s Start Your Car Accident Claim TodayTriumph Law, P.C., A Law Firm Dedicated To Your Triumph
Our Dedicated Team of Lawyers are ready to help you understand your rights. There could be ample compensation waiting for you. It is just a matter of filing an effective claim for it, which is where we can step in and take over.