Dealing with an injury from a car accident or slip and fall incident can be frustrating and stressful, especially if you need expensive medical care to get back on your feet. At Triumph Law, we know how hard it can be to pull your life back together after a bad accident, which is why our attorneys are here to help you.
A Fair Oaks personal injury lawyer from our team can help you collect evidence of your incident, identify the liable party, and file an insurance claim or civil suit. They’ll draw on their impressive experience and legal knowledge to get you the results you need to give yourself a brighter future.
How a Personal Injury Lawyer from Fair Oaks Can Help You
As mentioned above, a personal injury attorney from our team in Fair Oaks can take a number of steps to obtain the compensation and justice you deserve after an accident. But what exactly do those steps entail? Let’s take a closer look at the actions your lawyer can take to make your claim or lawsuit successful:
An insurance claim is only as strong as the evidence that supports it. That means your attorney will have to gather a considerable amount of information, testimonies, and other forms of evidence that show the at-fault party should be held responsible for your injuries and losses.
Depending on the type of incident you were injured in, your Fair Oaks personal injury attorney may use the following pieces of evidence to build a strong case:
- The official police report
- Photos of the accident scene
- Photos of your injuries
- Security or CCTV camera footage of the incident
- Testimony from accident reconstructionists
- Eyewitness testimony
- Your medical records
The next step in your case is to prove that the at-fault party should be held liable for your medical expenses, lost wages, and other accident-related challenges. To complete this step, a personal injury lawyer from our team in Fair Oaks can use the evidence they gathered to prove the following four elements:
- Duty of care: In the legal world, duty of care refers to an obligation that all people have to act in a way that prevents others from suffering foreseeable harm. If you were injured in a car wreck, the at-fault driver would have owed you a duty of care since you were both sharing the road at the time of the incident.
- Breach: Once your attorney has established that the other party owed you a duty of care, they’ll use evidence from the investigation to show that the party breached the duty of care. To continue the car accident example, a breach of duty may involve speeding, drunk driving, texting while driving, or disregard for another safety rule.
- Causation: Next, our Fair Oaks personal injury lawyers must show that the other party’s breach of the duty of care caused your injuries. We can use your medical records, evidence from the accident scene, and even a statement from your physician to show that the at-fault party’s actions caused your injuries.
- Damages: For this last step, your lawyer will use your medical bills, receipts, and other documents that speak to the financial loss you’ve suffered due to the incident. Using these records, they’ll prove that the accident and your injuries have caused you monetary loss.
Fight for Your Compensation
Gathering evidence to support your claim is important, but there’s so much more that your attorney will have to do. Once our personal injury attorneys from Fair Oaks have gathered the evidence they need to prove liability, they’ll take your claim to the at-fault party’s insurance provider.
Our team will meet with insurers to discuss a settlement offer and negotiate until a fair payment is agreed upon. If the insurance provider fails to realize the severity of your situation and declines to raise a low offer, we can fight for your compensation in court.
If you’ve seen our past case results, you know that Triumph Law has secured a number of high-value settlements and verdicts for wrongfully injured individuals throughout California. We’ll use our extensive trial experience and litigation skills to convince the jury that you deserve the following damages:
- Medical expenses
- Future medical treatment costs
- Lost wages
- Decreased earning ability
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of enjoyment of life
Accidents We Can Help You File a Claim After
Although car accidents are one of the most common personal injury incidents, there are a number of other situations that our team can help you file a claim or lawsuit in response to. Reach out to our Fair Oaks personal injury attorneys today if you’ve been injured in any of the following incidents:
- Truck accident
- Motorcycle accident
- Bicycle accident
- Dog bite
- Bus accident
- Premises liability incidents, including slip and falls, negligent security incidents, and drowning accidents
- Pedestrian accident
- Wrongful death incident
Your Triumph Is Our Triumph(916) 500-0000
How Long You Have to File a Personal Injury Suit in Fair Oaks, CA
Whether you were involved in a truck crash, pedestrian accident, or any of the personal injury scenarios listed above, it’s important for you to learn about California’s statute of limitations for injury suits. According to the statute, which can be found in Code of Civil Procedure § 335.1, you have two years from the date of your incident to submit a civil suit.
If you fail to sue the at-fault party before the two-year deadline, you won’t be able to get the financial support you need to make it through this difficult time. To avoid this outcome, get in touch with our personal injury lawyers from Fair Oaks ASAP. They’ll be able to advise you further on the statute of limitations and ensure your suit is filed on time.
Contact Us for A Free
& Confidential Consultation
Schedule a Free Consultation With an Experienced Lawyer from Triumph Law
At Triumph Law, our attorneys have years of experience fighting on behalf of wrongfully injured individuals. We know how important it is that you get the resources and remedies you’re owed. That’s why our team is committed to your success and prepared to do everything they can to get the best results possible.
To get the triumphant case results you need to replace your losses and cope with your injuries, contact us today. We’ll schedule a free consultation so you can meet one-on-one with a skilled Fair Oaks personal injury lawyer. If they agree to help you with your case, they’ll get started right away.
When You Need a Triumph,
You Need Triumph Law, P.C.
Thank You For Being My Advocate
“Thank you for taking my case, being there for me, and seeing the case from beginning to end, in other words, you provided me closure. That is priceless.”Jimmy L.
Outstanding Attorney with Exceptional Attention to Detail!
“Robert Carichoff represented me in a tough case. His professionalism and confidence always put me at ease during stressful times. heir professionalism, follow-up, and attention to detail is the model of how attorneys should treat their clients!”Jim
Service with integrity.
“The staff was incredibly friendly and professional. Davina Maldonado was a freaking rockstar!!! The careful attention the firm put into my case was exceptional. I can’t say enough about how painless they all made the process.”Brandon
Let’s Start Your Car Accident Claim TodayTriumph Law, P.C., A Law Firm Dedicated To Your Triumph
Our Dedicated Team of Lawyers are ready to help you understand your rights. There could be ample compensation waiting for you. It is just a matter of filing an effective claim for it, which is where we can step in and take over.