Representing Injured Riders & Passengers
Were you riding your motorcycle and riding responsibly when a driver crashed into you? If it happened in Folsom or the surrounding area, then Triumph Law, P.C. wants to know about it. Our personal injury lawyers in Folsom can investigate your crash to see if you have a legitimate claim to file against the party responsible for it. If you do, then we can tell you what you should do next to start your claim the right way.
There is no time like today to pursue compensation. Call (916) 500-0000 for more information.
What Causes Most Motorcycle Accidents?
Thousands of motorcyclists are injured on the roads of America every year. While some of these crashes are single-vehicle accidents that are caused by the rider’s own mistakes, many more are caused by the negligence of another motorist or even that of a completely separate party. Our law firm is equipped to handle your motorcycle accident claim, no matter what caused your wreck.
Motorcycle accidents are commonly caused by:
- Negligent drivers: Motorists who are not paying enough attention to the road tend to completely miss motorcyclists. Even when they look right at one, they don’t register that the smaller vehicle is there. This inattention causes thousands of motorcycle accidents each year.
- Damaged roads:You could find yourself suing a municipality or local department of transportation if your motorcycle accident was caused by a dangerous road condition, such as a massive pothole.
- Defective parts: A defective motorcycle part can cause a wreck in an instant, such as a tire that bursts or brakes that fail. In such an accident, the motorcycle part manufacturer might be liable for the damages.
Can You Recover Compensation If You Were Partially at Fault?
A motorcyclist might be partially at fault for a wreck if they were not wearing a helmet when they crashed, or if they swerved in front of a driver but did not leave enough room for them to slow down or stop. In California, you can still pursue compensation if you are partially at fault for your injuries. Under the state’s pure comparative negligence rule, you can recover damages from any party that is at least 1% liable for the accident. The damages you are awarded will be reduced by your liability percentage, though, so it is still best for you if your liability remains low or at an ideal 0%.
Most Common Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Motorcyclists are vulnerable to catastrophic injuries due to their lack of outer protection. This is why a motorcycle accident can cause severe injuries, even when it occurs at a low speed.
The compensation that you demand from the liable party needs to reflect the true extent of your injuries, which includes past and future damages. Our Folsom motorcycle accident attorneys know how to calculate your medical bills, lost wages, physical pain, mental suffering, and more, so you can get as much compensation as possible.
People who are injured in a motorcycle accident often suffer:
- Brain injuries:Even with a helmet on, a motorcyclist can suffer a traumatic brain injury (TBI) from being tossed off their ride and onto the road.
- Spine injuries: A devastating motorcycle accident can cause a spine injury, including temporary or permanent paralysis.
- Road rash: A motorcyclist who skids over the asphalt can suffer road rash, which can be fatal if untreated.
Call (916) 500-0000 now to speak with our motorcycle accident lawyers in Folsom.
When You Need a Triumph,
You Need Triumph Law, P.C.
Thank You For Being My Advocate
“Thank you for taking my case, being there for me, and seeing the case from beginning to end, in other words, you provided me closure. That is priceless.”Jimmy L.
Outstanding Attorney with Exceptional Attention to Detail!
“Robert Carichoff represented me in a tough case. His professionalism and confidence always put me at ease during stressful times. heir professionalism, follow-up, and attention to detail is the model of how attorneys should treat their clients!”Jim
Service with integrity.
“The staff was incredibly friendly and professional. Davina Maldonado was a freaking rockstar!!! The careful attention the firm put into my case was exceptional. I can’t say enough about how painless they all made the process.”Brandon
Let’s Start Your Car Accident Claim TodayTriumph Law, P.C., A Law Firm Dedicated To Your Triumph
Our Dedicated Team of Lawyers are ready to help you understand your rights. There could be ample compensation waiting for you. It is just a matter of filing an effective claim for it, which is where we can step in and take over.