Bringing Claims Against Large Trucking Companies
Do not wait to call (916) 500-0000 after being in a truck accident on the highways and roads of Folsom, like the busy Route 50. Triumph Law, P.C. and our truck accident team can help you understand your rights and file a claim for compensation. We are dedicated to making your life easier by managing all facets of your case, allowing you the time you need to rest and recover.
Arrange your no-cost initial consultation with our Folsom truck accident attorneys today.
Who is Liable for a Trucking Accident?
A trucking accident is not always caused by a single incident of negligence. Instead, many points of negligence can culminate into a crash that would have been preventable had more people involved with the truck’s operation been reasonably careful.
Parties that could be liable for your truck accident include:
- Truck driver: The truck driver who caused the crash might be the primary defendant, especially if they are an independent contractor who has purchased their own commercial truck insurance.
- Maintenance company:Commercial trucks need regular maintenance. If a maintenance company fails to make necessary repairs and a crash happens due to a part failure, then that company could be liable.
- Trucking company: The trucking company who hired the truck driver could be liable if they are an employee, or if the company had negligent hiring practices, such as hiring someone who does not have a commercial driver’s license.
- Load company: Third-party companies usually load and unload commercial trailers, not anyone directly employed by the trucking company. A crash caused by a load issue puts the blame on that load company in some cases.
Severe Injuries Common to Truck Accident Cases
The giant size and weight of a big rig can cause catastrophic injuries suffered by anyone involved. We know that we will need to carefully calculate your damages and make certain they are representative of the true extent of your injuries.
People who are hurt in truck accidents often suffer:
- Broken bones
- Spinal cord injury
- Brain damage
- Permanent disfigurement
Our truck accident attorneys in Folsom can provide legal counsel if you lost a loved one in a truck accident, too. Under these circumstances, you would be filing a wrongful death claim, which is similar but not entirely the same.
What Damages Can You Get in a Truck Accident Lawsuit?
For more information about filing a case, dial (916) 500-0000 at any time to speak with our truck accident lawyers in Folsom.
The damages that you might be able to get from a truck accident claim or lawsuit include:
- Medical bills:All of your medical treatments related to your injuries should be paid for by the liable party, including those that will be necessary far into the future.
- Permanent disability:Damages related to living with a permanent disability can factor into your claim’s value, such as the hardships of day-to-day struggles and the cost to modify your living space to accommodate your disabilities.
- Lost wages: If you missed work due to your injuries, then you can be compensated for those lost wages. You can also sue for the money you won’t be able to earn in the future due to your new disabilities.
- Pain and suffering: Physical pain, emotional suffering, and mental anguish can be factored into your claim as forms of non-economic damages.
Why Hire a Truck Accident Attorney?
It may seem more simplistic and cost-effective to handle your truck accident claim on your own, but the fact is that hiring a lawyer to represent you may actually be in your best interest. Here’s why:
- 1.The trucking company will definitely have their own attorney representing them; by hiring your own lawyer you show the trucking company that you take your case seriously and also improve your odds of reaching a favorable settlement
- 2.The trucking insurance company will do their best to get you to admit fault or somehow reduce the fault of their own driver; by hiring a lawyer to represent your best interests, you can also make sure that you don’t accidentally say the wrong thing and hurt your case
- 3.Our attorneys are experts at gathering evidence and interviewing witnesses to build your case; by hiring our team to do this on your behalf, you can focus on your recovery
- 4.Without an attorney you may have a hard time proving things like pain and suffering and other non-economic damages; our truck injury lawyers can help you calculate the full value of your case and fight to ensure you receive maximum compensation
Ready to get started with your truck injury lawsuit? Contact the truck injury attorneys at Triumph Law, P.C. today for expert representation. Call (916) 500-0000 today!
Thank You For Being My Advocate
“Thank you for taking my case, being there for me, and seeing the case from beginning to end, in other words, you provided me closure. That is priceless.”Jimmy L.
Outstanding Attorney with Exceptional Attention to Detail!
“Robert Carichoff represented me in a tough case. His professionalism and confidence always put me at ease during stressful times. heir professionalism, follow-up, and attention to detail is the model of how attorneys should treat their clients!”Jim
Service with integrity.
“The staff was incredibly friendly and professional. Davina Maldonado was a freaking rockstar!!! The careful attention the firm put into my case was exceptional. I can’t say enough about how painless they all made the process.”Brandon
Let’s Start Your Car Accident Claim TodayTriumph Law, P.C., A Law Firm Dedicated To Your Triumph
Our Roseville car accident attorneys are ready to help you understand your rights after being hit by a negligent driver. There could be ample compensation waiting for you. It is just a matter of filing an effective claim for it, which is where we can step in and take over.
When You Need a Triumph,
Work With Triumph Law, P.C.
Receive the Triumph You Need & Deserve Today