If you’ve been injured in a truck accident, you’re probably feeling overwhelmed and anxious about your future. With so many factors to consider, including medical costs, lost income, and property damage, it can be difficult to know where to turn for help.
Fortunately, a skilled California personal injury lawyer can step in and offer the guidance you need during this difficult time. They’ll calculate your losses, deal with insurance companies, and pursue the compensation you’re owed. Contact the team at Trump Law today to schedule a free consultation and learn more about how we can help you make a triumphant recovery.
Steps to Take After a Truck Accident
After a truck crash, it’s important to stay calm. The steps you take in the hours following your collision could make or break your personal injury case. So take a deep breath and complete Triumph Law’s post-accident checklist:
- Seek medical attention: Whether you’ve suffered a few bruises or a catastrophic injury, seeing a doctor should be your priority after a crash. Even if you don’t feel any pain immediately after the collision, a doctor may identify injuries that were covered up by the initial shock of the collision.
- Call law enforcement: You should always call the local police after an accident, even for something as mild as a fender bender. The police will assess the incident and write up an official report that your California truck accident attorney can use as evidence for your claim.
- Exchange insurance information: Next, you should exchange contact and insurance information with the truck driver. This information will help your lawyer file a claim with the driver’s or the trucking company’s insurance carrier when it comes time.
- Document the crash scene: Use your phone to take pictures of the crash scene, vehicle damage, your injuries, and any other elements involved in the collision. These photos can be used to support your claim or lawsuit later on.
- Talk to witnesses: If pedestrians or other motorists saw the accident occur, ask them if they would be willing to provide testimony for your case. Take down their contact information and names so your lawyer can reach out to them.
- Contact an attorney: Once you’ve seen a doctor and completed as many of these steps as possible, it’s time to hire a lawyer. Taking action as soon as possible will show skeptical insurers that your injuries and losses are real. Getting started on your case right away will also help your attorney meet important state filing deadlines.
Hiring a lawyer immediately will give them the time they need to comply with California’s statute of limitations. According to California Code of Civil Procedure § 335.1, your truck accident lawsuit must be filed no later than two years after the date of the crash. Ignoring this rule could prevent you from getting the payment you’re counting on.
Your Triumph Is Our Triumph(916) 500-0000
Damages that a Truck Accident Lawyer from California Can Pursue
Our firm has pursued compensation on behalf of injured truck accident victims for over two decades. Whether it’s done through an insurance claim or civil suit, we’ll work hard to secure the damages you need to recover and move forward.
If your case goes smoothly, you could be awarded the following damages:
- Current medical expenses
- Costs of ongoing and future treatment
- Vehicle repairs expenses
- Cost to replace damaged personal property that was inside the car
- Lost wages
- Loss of future earnings
- Pain and suffering
- Mental distress caused by accident-related anxiety, post-traumatic stress disorder, or depression
- Loss of enjoyment of life
These damages can help you support yourself financially, pay your accident-related bills, and cope with the emotional impacts of the collision. A truck accident attorney from California will investigate the crash and determine who should be held liable for your losses to get you the damages you deserve.
Contact Us for A Free (916) 500-0000
& Confidential Consultation
Parties Who May Be Held Liable for Your Losses After a Truck Accident
Once your lawyer has analyzed the evidence from your accident, they’ll likely know how the accident occurred and who is to blame. Identifying the liable party is crucial to the success of your case because your attorney must file a claim with their insurer to get your compensation.
Potentially liable parties include:
- The truck driver, if they were speeding, distracted, tired, intoxicated, or driving recklessly
- The trucking company, if it pushed the driver to work dangerously long hours or failed to train or properly vet the driver
- A maintenance provider, if it failed to make necessary repairs to the truck
- The cargo loaders, if they overloaded the truck or neglected to secure the cargo correctly
- A truck parts manufacturer, if a defective part caused the accident
As you can see, the driver isn’t always held responsible in a collision. There may be many other factors at play when it comes to a collision, which is why it’s important to hire an experienced lawyer. A truck accident lawyer in California can work with investigators and accident experts to find out who should be held responsible.
Receive the Triumph You (916) 500-0000
Need & Deserve Today
How to Move Forward if You’ve Lost a Loved One in a Truck Crash
If your spouse or a family member has been taken from you in a truck accident, we are sorry for your loss. You’re probably experiencing a great deal of grief and uncertainty about how to move forward, but we can help. The wrongful death attorneys at our firm can offer a clear path to compensation, so you can focus on processing what’s happened.
We’ll file a wrongful death lawsuit on your behalf and demand that the at-fault party provide compensation for your inherited medical bills, funeral costs, and burial expenses. You may also receive compensation for your loss of financial support, loss of consortium, and any mental anguish or quality of life issues you’ve experienced.
Reach Out to Our Truck Accident Lawyers for a Free Consultation
The attorneys at Triumph Law go above and beyond to help clients and their families recuperate after a serious collision. We’ll help you schedule medical appointments, communicate with your medical insurance provider to address coverage issues, and offer our services on a contingency fee basis.
Contact our firm today to schedule a free consultation with an experienced California truck accident lawyer. If your injuries prevent you from traveling, we’ll come to you to discuss your case and advise you on your legal options. We look forward to hearing from you soon!