In California, pedestrians hurt in auto accidents frequently sustain severe wounds that require lengthy, pricey medical care to heal from. However, victims may make a compensation claim if a driver’s negligence caused the accident. Our California personal injury law office is committed to assisting victims and their families during the process of obtaining financial compensation.
Our group of knowledgeable California personal injury lawyer will fight with you to get a just settlement. Learn how Triumph Law manages successful pedestrian accident cases and what you can do to move forward in your pursuit of justice and compensatory damages.
Identifying Causes for Pedestrian Collisions in California
We can put pedestrian accidents into perspective with the use of data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC):
- In 2020, one in six collision deaths were pedestrians
- An average death of one person every 75 minutes is associated with pedestrian-car collisions, totaling over 7,000 people per year
- In over 46% of pedestrian-car crashes, driving under the influence was the underlying cause of the wreck.
Despite the state’s efforts to secure and encourage a safe environment for pedestrians, California ranks as one of the most dangerous states to drive, with higher fatality rates than most. It’s best if you can hire us as soon as possible. To identify any risk factors related to your pedestrian accident, we try to perform our own investigation.
Your Triumph Is Our Triumph(916) 500-0000
Secure Your Pedestrian Legal Rights in Six Steps
Drivers are required by California Vehicle Code 21950(a) to give pedestrians in marked crosswalks and unmarked walkways at crossings due care. Motorists have a responsibility to pedestrians to use all reasonable precautions, slow down, and give way to anyone crossing the street in a designated crosswalk. So if you are hurt, you can file a personal injury claim.
Your window to secure your legal rights begin immediately following the accident; ensure that you:
- Make sure you’re safe: Making sure you are safe should be your top focus. Get away from the traffic to a safe area if you can.
- Contact the police: To ensure a detailed incident report is completed at the scene, call the police yourself or have someone else do so.
- Request emergency medical assistance: Call or ask someone to do so so you can be assessed for additional care.
- Attempt to exchange information with the at-fault person: The rule of thumb is to collect contact and insurance details. If they won’t provide the required information, keep in mind or write down any details that could aid in identifying them.
- Gather evidence: You can take pictures of the accident site with your phone. Get the contact information of witnesses willing to testify in your case.
- Get legal counsel: After you are in stable condition, make a call to a personal injury attorney.
Accidents involving pedestrians can result in serious injuries and costly losses. You can get financial support from a pedestrian collision lawyer in California to compensate for your medical costs, missed wages, and pain and suffering. Together, you will look into the details of the accident, gather proof, and create a compelling argument on your behalf.
Contact Us for A Free (916) 500-0000
& Confidential Consultation
What to Expect When Working With Our Pedestrian Accident Lawyers
Our legal team is prepared to focus on helping you investigate all available legal options while delivering tailored services that cater to your distinct needs. We lead each case with compassionate legal assistance and aim to help you comprehend the aftermath of this event. Through our law firm, you will gain:
The compensation package that most injury victims receive is scaled to fit the specifics of their case. While there is no preset settlement amount for your pedestrian crash, the following items are generally pursued and included in your awarded settlement:
- Treatment and other health expenses
- Emotional anguish
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
Additional expenses related to your accident can be discussed in detail with your attorney to be included in your settlement demand letter.
Fully Committed Legal Counsel
Our firm works based on a contingency fee to maintain an attorney’s interest in your case. Victims experience the advantage of having our firm front all of the case costs while they recover. Payment for services will not be due until after a settlement has been reached. Our rate will be discussed beforehand, so there are no surprises with legal fees.
Our California pedestrian injury lawyers are here to serve you with swift support, full legal guidance, and a winning reputation. If you have any doubt that we are right for you, check out our client reviews at any time.
Receive the Triumph You (916) 500-0000
Need & Deserve Today
Highest Paying Injuries from Pedestrian Accident Cases
Your life may be significantly affected if you are struck by a car. Being susceptible to the force of an auto accident, even at a low speed, can result in catastrophic injuries and long-term health issues. Commonly, these injuries sustained by pedestrians in accidents include:
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI): Pedestrians’ heads may strike the pavement after being struck by an automobile. According to the extent of the injury, individuals may, as a result, pass out or show signs of cognitive impairment.
- Spinal cord trauma: Injuries to the spinal cord can prevent the brain’s neurological signals from reaching the body. Under the damage level, this may result in the loss of feeling or, even worse, paralysis.
- Broken bones: When a pedestrian is struck by a car, the force of the collision can cause fractures in many different body parts, commonly in the legs, hips, and spine.
- Internal organ injury and other internal wounds: The force of the collision can rupture internal organs, resulting in severe bleeding and potentially fatal complications.
This list is not exhaustive of every condition that increases the settlement value of your case. In general, if the injury is minor such as whiplash or a sprain, then the settlement value will be relatively low. If the injury is larger, in a more prominent area that makes daily functions hard or impossible, and requires ongoing treatment, it is more likely to improve your settlement worth.
Payment for Your Pedestrian Accident-Related Expenses Begins With a Free Consultation
Triumph Law is dedicated to assisting you in obtaining the highest possible compensation for your pedestrian injuries. Our California pedestrian accident lawyers provide robust legal support so you can focus on healing while we handle the legwork of recovering funds to cover your expenses. Contact us today if you are ready to pursue legal action.
In a risk-free, no-obligation case evaluation session, we will discuss pedestrian injury law and explore your legal alternatives. After evaluating your case, you will have clarity on the next steps that you need to take and an idea of how much your pedestrian accident settlement may be worth. If travel accommodations need to be made, we can come to you.