If you or a loved one have been injured in a truck collision, you’re probably overwhelmed with debilitating injuries, medical bills, and other accident-related expenses. Dealing with the consequences of another driver’s negligence can be difficult, but the team at Triumph Law can help.
A Yuba City personal injury lawyer from our firm can guide you through the process of filing an insurance claim and advocate on your behalf until you receive compensation. They’ll aim to obtain the justice you deserve and the insurance payment you need to cover your medical bills, lost wages, vehicle repair expenses, and more!
Our Truck Accident Lawyers Can Build a Strong Case for Your Compensation
As soon as you agree to work with a truck accident lawyer from our team in Yuba City, they’ll get started on building your insurance claim. To construct an effective claim, they’ll first need to investigate the truck collision you were injured in and gather evidence.
Your attorney can use the following pieces of evidence to strengthen your claim:
- Traffic or security camera footage of the collision
- Photos of the accident scene
- Information from the truck’s event data recorder
- The driver’s hours of service log
- The driver’s cell phone records
- Information about the trucking company’s practices
Information You Can Provide Your Attorney With
While your Yuba City truck accident attorney can handle the majority of the investigation, there are a few pieces of evidence that you may be able to provide them with. First, if you got the driver’s name and information after the crash, you’ll want to pass that on to your lawyer.
If you were able to take photos of the collision scene and any visible injuries you sustained, your attorney can also use those to further your claim. Finally, if you spoke to anyone who saw the accident occur, it’s important that you give your attorney their information, as their eyewitness testimony can be used to push your claim over the finish line.
Identifying the At-Fault Party
Once your lawyer has gathered all the evidence they can find, they’ll likely be able to determine who should be held responsible for the collision. At this point, you might be confused as to why it isn’t obvious that the truck driver caused the crash and should be held responsible for your losses.
The truth is that there are several parties who could be held liable for your medical bills and other expenses, and the truck driver is only one of them. Depending on the evidence found, our Yuba City truck accident lawyers could take action against any of the following parties:
- The truck driver: The truck driver can be held liable for driving recklessly, driving distracted, texting while driving, or engaging in another negligent action that caused the crash.
- The trucking company: Your attorney may take action against the trucking company if they hired a driver without a commercial driver’s license (CDL) and that driver caused the collision due to their inexperience. The company may also be liable if they incentivized the driver to work long hours, causing a driver fatigue accident.
- The cargo loaders: An 18-wheeler’s cargo must be properly balanced and secured so it doesn’t fall off the trailer or cause the truck to tip over. If your accident was caused by improperly loaded cargo, your lawyer may bring a claim against the party responsible for loading the truck.
- A government entity: Local municipalities are responsible for maintaining roads and removing hazardous obstacles and debris. If your collision was caused by a safety hazard that a government entity should have removed or warned motorists about, it might be held responsible for your losses.
Compensation a Truck Accident Attorney in Yuba City Can Pursue
At Triumph Law, we know how far-reaching the impact of a bad truck crash can be. A collision can affect your finances, physical health, mental health, and even your opportunities for future employment. Fortunately, our truck accident lawyers from Yuba City can seek the compensation you need to mend the aspects of your life that have been negatively affected.
Here are some of the damages they’ll pursue on your behalf:
- Current and ongoing medical expenses
- Cost of future medical care
- Cost of prescription medication and assistive devices
- Physical therapy expenses
- Vehicle repair or replacement costs
- Lost wages
- Decreased earning ability
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress caused by trauma, anxiety, or post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Diminished quality of life
Depending on the details of your collision, your attorney may also pursue punitive damages. These damages don’t compensate for a loss you’ve suffered but instead punish the at-fault party for behaving egregiously and without care for the safety of others. They’re typically awarded to plaintiffs injured in accidents caused by extremely reckless or drunk drivers.
Your Triumph Is Our Triumph(916) 500-0000
How Long You Have to Take Legal Action After a Truck Crash in California
It’s important to remember that the state of California has a statute of limitations for all personal injury lawsuits. According to Code of Civil Procedure § 335.1, individuals injured in truck and car accidents have two years from the date of the crash to file a civil suit.
If you wait too long, you could risk missing your filing deadline, which would bar you from getting the damages you need to get back on your feet. Instead of risking the worst-case scenario, get in touch with our Yuba City truck accident attorneys ASAP.
Contact Us for A Free
& Confidential Consultation
We’re Here to Help You Triumph
Our legal team is committed to helping accident victims like yourself get the triumphant case results they need to put their injuries behind them and get back to living their lives. If you choose our firm, we promise to do everything we can to make your claim or lawsuit as successful as possible.
To get the dedicated representation you need to make it through this challenging time, contact Triumph Law today. We’ll schedule a free consultation where you’ll meet with a Yuba City truck accident lawyer to discuss your collision. They’ll provide valuable legal advice and determine what your best course of action is moving forward.
When You Need a Triumph,
You Need Triumph Law, P.C.
Thank You For Being My Advocate
“Thank you for taking my case, being there for me, and seeing the case from beginning to end, in other words, you provided me closure. That is priceless.”Jimmy L.
Outstanding Attorney with Exceptional Attention to Detail!
“Robert Carichoff represented me in a tough case. His professionalism and confidence always put me at ease during stressful times. heir professionalism, follow-up, and attention to detail is the model of how attorneys should treat their clients!”Jim
Service with integrity.
“The staff was incredibly friendly and professional. Davina Maldonado was a freaking rockstar!!! The careful attention the firm put into my case was exceptional. I can’t say enough about how painless they all made the process.”Brandon
Let’s Start Your Car Accident Claim TodayTriumph Law, P.C., A Law Firm Dedicated To Your Triumph
Our Dedicated Team of Lawyers are ready to help you understand your rights. There could be ample compensation waiting for you. It is just a matter of filing an effective claim for it, which is where we can step in and take over.