Ridesharing with popular services, such as Uber and Lyft, has been a go-to for many individuals in the past few years. The ease of having your vehicle pull up to your doorstep and take you to the places you want to visit with no hassle at all is an easy form of transportation for many.
However, when accidents happen, it can leave those involved feeling in the dark about what can be done. If you were injured in a rideshare accident, it’s important to speak with a skilled car accident lawyer in Yuba City to know what happens moving forward. Contacting a skilled Yuba City rideshare accident lawyer from Triumph Law will offer you the knowledge and confidence to move forward.
Common Causes of Rideshare Accidents
When a rideshare accident occurs, it’s likely due to driver error. However, there are other reasons as to why an accident could happen. Speak with a Yuba City personal injury lawyer as soon as possible to evaluate your claim
Here are some of the typical reasons why rideshare accidents take place:
- Distracted driving or using a cell phone while on the road
- Poorly maintained vehicles with missing headlights, bad breaks, or slick tires
- Fatigued driving
- Driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Inexperienced driving
- Road conditions that aren’t ideal
- Bad weather or visibility
Potential Injuries Victims Can Sustain in a Rideshare Accident
Being involved in any type of car accident can bring mild to serious injuries. The level of injury severity will be based on the accident one is involved in. Some of the most common injuries that can occur in a rideshare accident include the following:
- Spinal cord injuries
- Back or neck injuries
- Brain injuries, or TBIs
- Internal organ injuries
- Wrongful death, if applicable
- Broken bones or fractures
If you have sustained any of these injuries, you might be able to obtain compensation for your losses.
Your Triumph Is Our Triumph(916) 500-0000
Proving Negligence In Rideshare Accidents
In California, car accidents occur regularly and are, unfortunately, the most common reason for injuries and fatalities. Generally, auto accidents can be attributed to negligence or reckless actions on the driver’s behalf. Because of this, establishing negligence is key in any type of rideshare accident claim.
To prove negligence in a rideshare accident, your Yuba City rideshare accident attorney will look at the following elements:
- A duty of care was owed to other drivers on the road: Duty of care is a commonly known concept that requires all people to act reasonably and responsibly so as not to cause any harm to others. For example, all drivers on the road must follow speed limits, use their turn signal, and focus on driving so that no accidents are caused or injuries sustained.
- A breach in this duty of care: With the help of your rideshare accident lawyer in Yuba City, finding the necessary evidence to prove that a breach of this duty has occurred will be necessary. The driver in question must have acted recklessly or carelessly, causing an accident where injuries were sustained.
- This breach caused the accident: Causation is important in determining negligence because it must be proven that because of someone’s lack of care, an accident was caused, and you were injured. Ultimately, if the driver at fault acted in a reasonable way, would the accident have occurred?
- The accident caused financial losses and damages: When this accident happened, injuries were sustained, and property was damaged. These damages must be enough to substantiate a rideshare accident claim.
Contact Us for A Free (916) 500-0000
& Confidential Consultation
Rideshare Insurance Policies
Large rideshare companies will typically insure drivers and offer basic liability coverage. Meaning, when you are involved in a rideshare accident, it’s important to know the specifics so that you can accurately collect the necessary compensation.
The compensation received will depend on when the accident occurred. These situations are listed below:
- Period 0: If a rideshare driver isn’t logged into the necessary application for ridesharing when the accident occurs, the company won’t offer any coverage.
- Period 1: If the driver is logged into the application for ridesharing but hasn’t accepted any clients, then liability must be proven to get insurance coverage. Likely, this will cover up to $50,000 in bodily injury, $100,000 for total bodily injury, and $250,000 for property damage.
- Period 2: When the driver is on their way to pick up a passenger and an accident occurs, the victim could receive up to one million in liability coverage and damages.
- Period 3: If a passenger is in the car and a paid ride has started, the driver and those involved will all receive one million in liability coverage when an accident occurs. Sometimes, in this period, the rideshare company will provide uninsured motorist coverage and compensate for damages to the drivers’ vehicles.
Damages Recovered In Most Rideshare Accidents
Compensation will be varied based on the various insurance policies that rideshare drivers have. Generally, there are two types of compensation that victims could claim following a rideshare accident. With the help of Triumph Law’s team of rideshare accident attorneys in Yuba City, you could recover the following damages:
- Economic damages: This category of damages will include things that are tangible or have monetary values established. These damages could range from medical bills, medication, surgeries, or ongoing treatments to vehicle damages, property damages, or lost wages.
- Non-economic damages: Non-economic damages encompass everything else that doesn’t fall into the first category. These are known as intangible losses, with no set monetary value. Emotional distress, mental anguish, loss of quality of life, and pain and suffering will fall into this category.
Receive the Triumph You (916) 500-0000
Need & Deserve Today
Know Your Legal Options After a Rideshare Accident in Yuba City
Getting the necessary help after an accident where injuries and damages occur will be the best way to ensure proper compensation is collected. A skilled rideshare accident lawyer from Triumph Law can best assist this legal process. Our team is well-versed in the legal process and has helped victims recover millions of dollars through settlements and verdicts over the past 20 years.
Contact us today to schedule your free consultation. Even though we understand the losses victims are facing following a car accident, every situation is different, and we want to hear yours. If you’re ready to move forward with the best possible legal team and receive the support that you deserve, we are the ones to call.