Ridesharing has gained popularity like never before, and services such as Uber and Lyft make it easy for people to get from place to place. If you are in a rush or do not want to worry about the financial burden of purchasing a car, these ridesharing options can be a great choice.
Rideshare accidents have become common and tend to leave victims in confusing situations. Luckily, an experienced Stockton rideshare accident lawyer can be of great assistance when dealing with the repercussions of a rideshare accident. A Stockton car accident injury lawyer at Triumph Law handles cases across northern California and is ready to fight for what you are owed.
The Common Causes of Rideshare Accidents
In the instance of a rideshare accident, there may be several causes. In many cases, the most common cause of rideshare accidents is driver error. However, sometimes other things cause an accident that is out of the driver’s hands.
Upon sustaining any level of the injuries above, it is important to seek medical assistance as soon as possible. From there, documenting injuries and speaking with a personal injury lawyer in Stockton can help ensure that the right amount of compensation is awarded to you as the victim.
Some of these common causes of rideshare accidents include the following:
- Distracted driving
- Bad weather of visibility while on the roads
- Driver inexperience
- Speeding, unsafe lane changes, or any other type of reckless driving
- Driving while fatigued
- Poorly maintained vehicles
- Driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol
Your Triumph Is Our Triumph(916) 500-0000
Proving Negligence in a Rideshare Accident Claim
Because auto accidents occur daily, they account for the majority of injuries and fatalities in California. In many cases, car accidents are caused by another driver’s careless actions or negligence. This makes establishing fault in a rideshare accident a key component.
When you and your Stockton rideshare accident attorney look at providing liability in your accident claim, four elements will be evaluated.
- First, the driver on the road who caused the accident must have owed you and everyone else involved a basic level of care. This means that while driving, individuals need to exercise caution and common sense so as to mitigate injuries to others.
- Next, it must be proven that the at-fault driver breached this duty of care. This means the driver who caused the accident must have acted in a reckless way or acted negligently. If you can confirm that without the driver’s reckless actions, an accident wouldn’t have occurred and no injuries were sustained, then a breach in their duty of care has occurred.
- Due to this beach, an accident was caused, and injuries occurred. Establishing a direct link between one’s negligence and an accident with injuries will be necessary to determine fault.
- Lastly, due to the above elements and the result of these actions, damages and financial losses must have occurred. Injuries and losses substantial enough need to have taken place in order to move forward with a legal claim.
Contact Us for A Free (916) 500-0000
& Confidential Consultation
Insurance Policies that Affect Rideshare Accidents
For most large rideshare companies, auto insurance is provided with basic liability coverage. If you are involved in a rideshare accident, it’s important to know what insurance will cover and what it won’t. Usually, the amount of insurance compensation will depend on the stage in which an accident occurs.
The stages of rideshare accidents from an insurance perspective are as follows:
- Period 0: If an accident occurs before a rideshare driver even turns on the application, then no insurance coverage from the company will be provided.
- Period 1: When the driver is logged in and ready to rideshare but hasn’t picked up any passengers, insurance will be provided. If an accident occurs in this period, then insurance will cover $50,000 in bodily injury, $100,000 for total bodily injury, and $30,000 for property damage.
- Period 2: As soon as the driver logs in, accepts the rideshare, and is heading to pick up the individual, the full extent of insurance coverage from the rideshare company will go into effect. If an accident occurs at this time, up to a million dollars in coverage and damage compensation could be received.
- Period 3: Similar to the above period, the full extent of coverage will be offered to all those involved in an accident. When an accident occurs while the driver is logged in and has a passenger, they are entirely covered. Additionally, in this period, the rideshare company might provide uninsured motorist coverage so that the driver can be covered for all injuries or vehicle damages.
By seeking the support of a skilled rideshare accident attorney in Stockton from Triumph Law, determining the exact period and coverage you could receive is made easier. With over 20 years of experience in the legal field, a personal injury lawyer in California can provide reliable and accurate knowledge when moving forward with your claim.
Receive the Triumph You (916) 500-0000
Need & Deserve Today
Damages that Could Be Claimed Following a Rideshare Accident
With the above situations in mind, victims of rideshare accidents could be compensated based on their injuries and losses. Sure, the period that the accident occurred will play a large role in insurance coverage, but there are generally two categories of damages victims could recover with the help of a Stockton rideshare accident lawyer.
If there is something that you have lost in an accident that is tangible and has a monetary value associated with it, then it’s likely economic damage. These damages will be tangible losses with a set monetary value attached to them. Economic damages encompass the following:
- Medical bills
- Ongoing rehabilitation
- Surgeries or doctor appointments
- Vehicle damage
- Property damage
- Lost wages from missing work due to injuries
All other losses that are intangible that victims deal with will fall into the category of non-economic damages. These intangible losses don’t have monetary values associated with them and will likely be determined and awarded to victims by the court or law team from both sides. These include things like pain and suffering, mental anguish, or loss of quality of life.
Get Started on the Road to Recovery as Soon as Possible
Similar to that of other auto accidents, there is a way to recover what you have lost. The trusted team at Triumph Law can be there for those affected by injuries from accidents, offering support and knowledge of what’s to come. By giving us a call, you can schedule your free consultation.
All incidents are different, and to better determine the best way forward, we must speak with you about your claim. If you’re ready to move forward toward recovery and financial stability, give us a chance to be on your side.