Vehicle wrecks, falls, sports injuries, and workplace accidents can all lead to Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBIs), a significant medical condition. Consequences can be devastating and long-lasting, so it’s crucial that you take steps to guarantee you get the most possible compensation.
The team at Triumph Law Firm is aware of the gravity of traumatic brain injury and its implications. When a client comes to us with a traumatic brain injury case, we give them the individualized care they need.
We believe everyone has the right to receive justice and fair recompense, especially if they have endured an injury with potentially life-altering effects. Find out more about how a California personal injury lawyer specializing in brain injuries can help you
Is Your Traumatic Brain Injury the Result of Someone Else’s Negligence?
You may be entitled to financial compensation from the party responsible for causing your traumatic brain injury. Personal injury lawsuits may be filed for a variety of different accident types, including:
- Drowning or boating accidents
- Workplace accidents
- Construction accident
- Car accidents
- Trucking accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Slip and falls
You may be able to collect compensation for your injuries and other losses resulting from the accident. A California traumatic brain injury attorney can look into your case to find the evidence needed to prove negligence on the part of the responsible party.
What Can You Expect from a Traumatic Brain Injury Attorney?
Every member of our team is committed to ensuring that our clients get the quality legal representation they need. When working for a client, we typically carry out the following tasks:
- We handle all communications and calls from the insurance company, defendant, and opposing counsel.
- We evaluate the value of your claim to ensure that none of your costs or losses are overlooked.
- We may consult with medical specialists, economists, and healthcare planning experts to help prove your claims
- We keep track of the legal calendar and submit the paperwork on time to protect your right to claim
- We conduct a thorough investigation to gather evidence to support your case.
- We can negotiate with the insurance company’s representatives and push aggressively for a fair and just settlement.
- If the insurance company doesn’t make a reasonable settlement offer, we can take legal action and represent you in court to fight for the necessary compensatory damages.
If you’ve suffered a TBI in California, an attorney can handle your case from start to finish, giving you more time to focus on your recovery.
Damages You Could Recover from a Traumatic Brain Injury Claim in California
Trauma to a complex organ like the brain can have unanticipated consequences. Due to the uniqueness of each individual, the range of their losses and injuries will also be distinct.
Open communication with your doctor and attorney is crucial.
Your traumatic brain injury attorney in California will listen carefully to the impact your TBI has had on your life to provide you with the best estimate of the value of your claim and provide you with the best representation possible.
You may be entitled to compensation for the following types of damages in a traumatic brain injury case:
- Medical costs and inpatient stays
- Property damage
- Physical and rehabilitative therapy
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of consortium
- Pain and suffering
- Lost wages
- Psychological counseling
- Emotional anguish
Signs you May Have a Traumatic Brain Injury
TBI isn’t always immediate or obvious following an accident. Get in touch with your doctor as soon as possible if you have been involved in an incident or activity where you might have sustained brain trauma.
In the absence of treatment, a traumatic brain injury might cause ongoing difficulties. There may be a difference in the severity of the symptoms.
See a doctor immediately if you notice any of the following:
- Loss of consciousness
- Dazed, disoriented feelings
- Abnormal or sudden headaches
- Nausea and/or vomiting
- Exhaustion or fatigue
- Changes to Sleep Habits
- Trouble speaking, sudden stuttering
- A loss of sensation or weakness in fingers and toes
- Agitation, depression, mood swings
Those who have sustained a TBI may be unable to recognize these signs in themselves, so it’s crucial that you share your worries with the people you care about. Request that they carefully monitor you to see if you display any of these signs. A doctor must be contacted right away if you do.
Do I Have Grounds for a Traumatic Brain Injury Lawsuit in California?
A California brain injury claim requires proof of the following to establish that another party is liable for an accident:
- The defendant owed a duty of care – defined as a duty to act responsibly or safely. For example, a driver should follow the rules of the road.
- There was a breach of that duty, they acted negligently. For instance, the driver was drunk.
- Your accident was caused by the other party’s failure in that duty. In this case, because the driver was drunk, they crashed into your car.
- The accident caused your traumatic brain injury. The crash resulted in an impact to your head and led to your traumatic brain injury.
It may seem easy to prove on the surface, but it can be challenging depending on how your injuries happened. That’s why it’s important to consult with a competent TBI lawyer in California who can help you navigate the legal process that follows an accident.
Contact a California Personal Injury Law Firm About Your Traumatic Brain Injury Accident to Learn More
Even if you believe your injuries are minimal, you should seek medical attention right away if you were hurt. Early detection and treatment may reduce the possibility of irreversible damage. Also, if you decide to pursue legal action in the future, any medical documents may be crucial.
California law may allow you to seek compensation if you sustained a TBI as a result of someone else’s carelessness or wrongdoing. Many people who suffer from traumatic brain injuries lose significant wages or may never be able to work again.
Your Triumph Is Our Triumph(916) 500-0000
Contact Triumph Law today to learn how we can help maximize your compensation claim. Your consultation is free, and we accept personal injury claims on a contingency fee basis. Find out now how we may be able to help.
When You Need a Triumph,
You Need Triumph Law, P.C.
Thank You For Being My Advocate
“Thank you for taking my case, being there for me, and seeing the case from beginning to end, in other words, you provided me closure. That is priceless.”Jimmy L.
Outstanding Attorney with Exceptional Attention to Detail!
“Robert Carichoff represented me in a tough case. His professionalism and confidence always put me at ease during stressful times. heir professionalism, follow-up, and attention to detail is the model of how attorneys should treat their clients!”Jim
Service with integrity.
“The staff was incredibly friendly and professional. Davina Maldonado was a freaking rockstar!!! The careful attention the firm put into my case was exceptional. I can’t say enough about how painless they all made the process.”Brandon
Let’s Start Your Car Accident Claim TodayTriumph Law, P.C., A Law Firm Dedicated To Your Triumph
Our Dedicated Team of Lawyers are ready to help you understand your rights. There could be ample compensation waiting for you. It is just a matter of filing an effective claim for it, which is where we can step in and take over.