Are you a passenger who sustained injuries in a California car collision in the Sacramento, Folsom, El Dorado Hills, or Roseville regions? You may qualify to seek damages to make up for your losses with the aid of our personal injury lawyers at Triumph Law, P.C.
In a car accident, both the driver and the passengers are likely to get injured. Each person in the car at the time of a collision has an equal opportunity to seek compensatory damages to cover things like medical costs, time off work, and pain and suffering. However, determining who is responsible for paying for a passenger’s injuries can become complex.
We know that your peace of mind depends on being able to concentrate on recovery instead of being stressed out by legal issues. Our California personal injury attorneys defend the rights of any client who suffers injuries in a vehicle collision. If you take advantage of our free consultation, we can calculate the value of your claim based on the factors listed below.
Potential Compensation Available for Passengers in a California Car Crash
Injured passengers in auto accidents may be eligible for financial compensation for certain losses and damages. In California, passengers may be eligible for the following sorts of economic and non-economic compensation:
Passengers may be eligible for reimbursement for medical costs associated with injuries experienced in the auto collision. This can include the price of prescription drugs, hospital bills, and other related charges.
The passenger may be eligible for compensation for lost pay if their injuries from the car accident prevent them from working. This can include missed pay throughout the recuperation time as well as potential future earnings losses as a result of the injuries experienced.
Pain and Suffering
Passengers may be eligible for compensation for their pain and suffering as a result of the harm they suffered in the auto accident. Physical suffering, emotional discomfort, and other harms associated with this are all examples of this.
The passenger may be entitled to reimbursement for the cost of repair or replacement if their personal property, such as clothing, bags, or electronics, is damaged in the collision.
A passenger’s quality of life will be significantly impacted if the car accident causes a disability. Permanent impairments can cause not just physical pain and suffering but also lost wages and medical costs. As a result, compensation for long-term disabilities is frequently higher in personal injury lawsuits.
The following are a few examples of disabilities that are commonly included in personal injury compensation packages:
- Loss of limbs: The loss of a limb or an extremity can drastically alter one’s life and lead to expensive medical costs, missed wages, and a lower standard of living. Prosthetics, rehabilitation, and housing or vehicle adaptations may all be covered by compensation for limb loss.
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs): Traumatic brain injuries can cause long-term disabilities that limit a person’s capacity for basic functions like thinking and communicating. The expense of medical treatment, rehabilitation, and lost wages because of the victim’s diminished capacity to work may all be covered by compensation for traumatic brain injuries.
- Spinal cord trauma: Spinal cord injuries can cause long-term limitations in a person’s mobility, bladder and bowel control, as well as other body functions. The price of medical treatment, therapy, and housing or vehicle modifications may all be covered by compensation for spinal cord injury.
- Hearing and vision loss: Loss of sight or hearing can significantly affect a person’s capacity for employment and enjoyment of life. In addition to lost wages resulting from the person’s diminished capacity to work, compensation for vision and hearing loss may also cover the price of medical treatment and assistive technology.
If you have been injured as a passenger in a car wreck, it is best to seek the legal counsel of a seasoned car accident lawyer for passenger injuries. They will assess the extent of your harm and seek the advice of financial and medical experts to ensure you are granted the highest-paying settlement.
Maximizing Compensation for Passengers Injured in Car Accidents
The aftermath of an auto accident can be chaotic for all parties involved, but it is also the most important for building your case and strengthening your claim. Immediately after an accident, there are steps that you can take to improve the probability of your settlement increasing, such as:
- Filing a detailed police report on your recollection of events
- Taking pictures or video footage of the accident damage, scene, and injuries of the associated parties
- Getting medical attention as soon as possible to have any discomfort or injuries diagnosed, documented, and treated
- Declining a recorded phone call and the release of medical records to the other party’s insurance
- Avoid sharing the details of your accident with anyone, especially online.
- Discussing your personal injury rights and legal options with a car wreck lawyer who has successfully secured payouts for passenger injury cases
Your Triumph Is Our Triumph(916) 500-0000
Passenger Wrongful Death Claim Compensation
If a passenger succumbs to their injuries and passes away after a car accident, their family members may be entitled to financial compensation for their losses. Wrongful death compensation for passengers includes burial costs, mental anguish, lost support, and companionship.
Only a few parties are qualified to make a wrongful death claim under California law. These parties are comprised of the surviving spouse or domestic partner, children, and other dependents of the decedent. In some circumstances, the parents or siblings of the deceased person may also be qualified to bring a wrongful death claim.
Your passenger injury auto collision lawyer will explain the wrongful death claim process and steer you through the legalities during this challenging time.
Contact Us for A Free
& Confidential Consultation
Understanding the Time Constraints of Filing an Injury Claim in California
Two years may seem like enough time to file a personal injury claim in California, but if you are recovering from an accident, the statute of limitations deadline will fly by without notice. The sooner that you meet with a member of our team regarding your case, the sooner we can begin the filing process and build a proper strategy.
Most states prevent victims from filing a claim if the deadline is missed, but California’s time constraint is flexible in certain circumstances, such as delayed discovery. Speaking with an attorney will confirm if your case qualifies for an exception.
Receive the Triumph You
Need & Deserve Today
Trust the Car Accident Firm with Top-Rated Results
Triumph Law, P.C., is here to help if you were a passenger in a California auto wreck and have been injured. While you concentrate on your recovery, our passenger-injury car accident attorneys take a considerate approach to help you obtain the compensation you need.
We are skilled litigators who understand how to prevail and have the case results to prove it. To learn how we can assist you in obtaining the justice you deserve, contact us today and schedule your risk-free case assessment with a member of our legal team.
When You Need a Triumph,
You Need Triumph Law, P.C.
Thank You For Being My Advocate
“Thank you for taking my case, being there for me, and seeing the case from beginning to end, in other words, you provided me closure. That is priceless.”Jimmy L.
Outstanding Attorney with Exceptional Attention to Detail!
“Robert Carichoff represented me in a tough case. His professionalism and confidence always put me at ease during stressful times. heir professionalism, follow-up, and attention to detail is the model of how attorneys should treat their clients!”Jim
Service with integrity.
“The staff was incredibly friendly and professional. Davina Maldonado was a freaking rockstar!!! The careful attention the firm put into my case was exceptional. I can’t say enough about how painless they all made the process.”Brandon
Let’s Start Your Car Accident Claim TodayTriumph Law, P.C., A Law Firm Dedicated To Your Triumph
Our Dedicated Team of Lawyers are ready to help you understand your rights. There could be ample compensation waiting for you. It is just a matter of filing an effective claim for it, which is where we can step in and take over.